What is LifeCare and what makes it so unique? Trillium Woods is the only community in the Plymouth, MN, area to offer true LifeCare. At a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), like Trillium Woods, your services, amenities, indoor and outdoor maintenance, and dining are covered by your monthly fee. Understanding the cost of senior living and how to protect your future with LifeCare can help you move forward with confidence.
At a LifeCare community, you pay a one-time entrance fee, which is partially refundable to you or your estate. You also pay a monthly fee, which we’ll explain below. A Type A contract generally offers guaranteed access to all levels of care at predictable rates, for life, at below-market rates for any care you need.
What is an entrance fee?
An entrance fee is a one-time, upfront fee you pay to move into the independent living part of a life plan community. The amount you pay will depend upon the size of the residence you choose and the number of people living in the residence. At a LifeCare community, generally a portion of your entrance fee is refundable to you or your estate.
What are monthly service fees?
Monthly service fees are paid every month to cover the community’s services and amenities. Like the entrance fee, the amount you pay usually depends on the size of your residence and the number of people living there. The range of services and amenities available to you can also affect your monthly service fee.
Your monthly service fee includes:
- All maintenance, both inside and outside your home
- Regular housekeeping, including flat linen service
- Utilities including cable and wifi
- Scheduled transportation to events, shopping, medical appointments
- On-site 24/7 security
- Emergency response system
These types of amenities are also included:
- A dining plan with a variety of dining choices and chef-prepared meals
- Access to our fitness offerings including our indoor pool and state-of-the-art fitness center with full-time NIFS instructor
- Use of our auditorium with regularly scheduled performances, walking, hiking and biking trails, Minnehaha Pub, woodworking shop, arts and craft classes, and more
- A full monthly calendar of outings, activities, events, resident committees, etc.
When it comes to paying for senior living, at Trillium Woods we have a lot of options available, so we’re sure to have something that fits your lifestyle and your budget. To see how your current lifestyle measures up to the value of Trillium Woods, use our Cost Comparison Calculator.
A recent nationwide study by the MatherLifeWays Institute on Aging shows that Life Plan Communities like Trillium Woods offer a variety of opportunities to help residents improve their overall well-being. In fact, one of the study’s initial findings shows that community residents are much more likely to engage in physical activities than older adults living at home.
To learn more about our options or to schedule your personal visit, complete this form.