There are a few reasons seniors consider staying in their homes: familiarity and memories. But when you consider what you want to accomplish in your life and the best way to achieve your goals, sometimes your current home isn’t the best option. That’s when you might want to consider independent living. When you start looking around and discover all the senior living amenities available at a community like Trillium Woods, you may find it easier to make the move. While every senior living community is different, here are the services and amenities to look for that will help you get more enjoyment out of life.
A World of Options
Living at a senior living community gives you access to a wide range of opportunities right outside your door. They also feature services that make life easier and more comfortable. As you read through this list, determine which ones are most important to you now and for the future. Then, as you evaluate different communities, you’ll find the one that has the senior living amenities you want.
- Maintenance-free living: One benefit of senior living is the time savings. The community will take care of all inside and outside upkeep and chores; they’ll also offer housekeeping and laundry services, including dry cleaning.
- Multiple dining venues: When touring communities, check out their dining experience. Do you have a choice of dining options? Do they offer a restaurant-style main dining room, a private dining room to gather with family and friends, a cocktail lounge or café? What about a to-go menu or even room service? Do they have an on-staff dietician you can meet with?
- A place to get pampered: Where can you go for a haircut or style? What about if you want your nails done or a massage? Does the community have an on-site salon and day spa?
- Health and wellness options: Physical exercise is an important part of staying active. Does the community offer opportunities to stay fit? Do they have an on-site personal trainer for one-on-one workouts or to help you create a weight training program? Does the community offer a fitness center with group exercise classes and an indoor pool? Is there a wellness program with guest speakers?
- Creative spaces: If you’d like to return to a beloved hobby or learn a new skill, does the community have room for you to do that? Do they have a makers’ studio, woodworking shop or game room?
- Entertainment: What kind of entertainment options are at the community? If you like a little friendly competition, are there bocce ball or pickleball courts? What about a horseshoe pit or putting green? Or if you’d like to spend a night on the town, is there a concierge to help make dinner reservations or get tickets to a show?
- Space to socialize: One benefit of senior living is being around like-minded people. Is there room to socialize? A place to chat over coffee or a cocktail? Is there comfortable seating for a small group to meet? Or a quiet spot for you to read a book?
- Floor plan choices: Does the community offer a variety of floor plans to help you find one that feels like home? Our upcoming expansion will offer a variety of new floor plans for you to choose from.
- Safety and protection: Before you move to a community, your family members are going to want to know you’ll be happy and safe. Be sure to ask about 24/7 security, including wellness checks. You’ll also want to make sure there’s a plan in place if you or your spouse have an unexpected medical emergency.
A Lifestyle Designed Around You
At Trillium Woods, we’re about to add even more lifestyle options with an upcoming expansion. See some of our local attractions on our campus map. If you’re interested in learning more about the senior living amenities at our independent living community or details about what we have planned for the future, contact us today.