After enjoying a full life together, now’s the time to look to the future and think about how you and your partner can continue to grow and support each other in the years ahead. That’s why more and more spouses are exploring independent living for couples. As you consider your senior living options, you’ll soon discover one of the biggest lifestyle benefits a community like Trillium Woods offers is the opportunity to continue to live the life your way while pursuing your goals and interests. This blog post will look at the advantages senior living communities can offer both you and your spouse.
The Benefits of Independent Living Communities for Couples
A Life Plan Community — like Trillium Woods — offers independent living as well as higher levels of senior care in case the unexpected happens. Some of the advantages of independent living for couples include:
- Be active. Stay active: If you have different interests and hobbies than your partner, senior living communities provide a range of amenities and activities. At Trillium Woods, we offer a variety of options to help you both explore your current hobbies and discover new interests. If you enjoy a good book, we have a library and book clubs. If you want to explore your creative side, we have a maker’s studio and woodworking shop. Or if you like competitive sports, we have a putting green, horseshoe pit, game room, and bocce ball and pickleball courts. We also have a variety of social clubs.
- Focus on wellness: Our community has an all-encompassing commitment to your wellness. We feature a fitness center with an indoor pool and regularly scheduled exercise classes, including specialty classes like tai chi and yoga, along with one-on-one classes. We also offer wellness programs with guest speakers.
- Grow your social circle: Moving to a community of friendly neighbors with similar goals will help build your social life. Trillium Woods has an activities calendar full of events, resident-led organizations and group outings.
- Add financial predictability: Since couples often only have to pay a small monthly fee for the second person, independent living offers a much less expensive per-person cost to get access to the same services and amenities. Plus, at Trillium Woods, if you or your spouse ever needs a higher level of care that requires one person to move to our on-site health center, your monthly fee will remain about the same. This is true even if one of you stays in independent living. And with both of you living on the same campus, it will be easy to spend as much time together as you like.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Our residents enjoy the security of knowing they can enjoy the life they’ve always lived because Trillium Woods gives them a smart plan for the future. With our Assistance in Living, you or your spouse can get help with the activities of daily living right in your independent living residence. We also offer on-site memory care, skilled nursing, short- and long-term rehab, and respite care.
There’s Something for Everyone at Trillium Woods
At Trillium Woods, we offer a variety of opportunities for you and your spouse to explore together and you can each still pursue your individual interests. You can view our range of floor plans here, or contact us to learn more about the lifestyle benefits of our active senior living community.