Memory Care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia in Plymouth, Minnesota
Compassionate care for more meaningful days.
The Birches, offers memory care to seniors with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our attentive, highly trained staff — including a medical director, lead physician and nurse practitioner — provides memory care tailored to help your loved one go about their daily life in a safe, secure, and relaxed family environment. All our private suites are connected to an indoor commons area; we also have a secure courtyard with outdoor seating and a walking path. Your loved one can participate in a calendar of enriching activities planned by our community life services coordinator.
“Every day Heidi and I look at each other and say we absolutely made the right choice with Trillium Woods.”
— Heidi and Dick Poey, residents
Because your loved one’s preferences, past and identity matter, The Birches features two innovative tools to help with the symptoms of memory loss:
- Heartfelt CONNECTIONS — A Memory Care Program®; A person-centered, activity-focused program that is grounded in the belief that what remains is far more important than what is lost. The diversity of our planned mental, physical and spiritual activities encourages residents to engage in activities they enjoy, despite increasing impairments.
- Music & Memory® — Music evokes memories that seem lost; it connects your loved one to their identity and improves overall health and well-being. This program starts by discovering your family member’s history and preferences to create an iPod playlist specific to them.
Services and amenities include:
- Licensed nursing associates on-site 24/7
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Medication management
- Chef-prepared, restaurant-style meals
- Calendar of activities and social events
- All-private suites with a refrigerator, microwave and private bathroom
- Outdoor sitting area
- Private family room
- Multipurpose room
- Laundry service
- All utilities paid, including cable and local phone service
- Salon and day spa
- 24-hour security
- Emergency response system
Memory care frequently asked questions
Memory loss, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, affects both your loved one and your entire family. At The Birches, we work with individuals, family members and caregivers to balance respect and care with the acknowledgement that each person’s preferences and routines are important to their well-being. Our thoughtful layout and design create a more homelike feel to help reduce confusion and provide complete security around-the-clock. With special programs designed for those with memory loss, our memory care enables pleasant and meaningful days. Read more about memory care on our blog.
Dementia refers to the loss of cognitive functions (thinking, reasoning, the ability to remember) that is severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. This group of symptoms isn’t a disease in itself but may accompany certain diseases or conditions.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia. It’s a progressive, degenerative disease of the brain characterized by loss of function and death of nerve cells in several brain areas. It initially affects recent memories and new learning, and eventually robs individuals of long-term memories.
To learn more about our innovative memory care programs, complete this form.